Status : Repealed by the Repealing and Amending Act, 2001
An Act further to amend the Copyright Act, 1957. BE it enacted by Parliament in the Forty-third Year of the Republic of India as follows:
1. Short title and commencement.- (1) This Act may be called the Copyright (Amendment) Act, 1993.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 28th day of December, 1991.
2. Amendment of Chapter V.- In Chapter V of the Copyright Act, 1957 (14 of 1957) (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act), for the words “fifty-years”, wherever they occur, the words “sixty years” shall be substituted.
3. Copyright not to subsist if term has expired.- For the removal of doubts, it is hereby declared that copyright shall not subsist by virtue of this Act in any work in which copyright did not subsist immediately before the commencement of this Act.
4. Repeal and saving.- (1) The Copyright (Amendment) Ordinance, 1991 (Ord.9 of 1991) is hereby repealed.(2) Notwithstanding such repeal, anything done or any action taken under the principal Act, as amended by the said Ordinance, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the principal Act, as amended by this Act.
Click edit button to change this text.Click edit button to change this text.Click edit button to change this text.