DPIIT Chair at NLSIU, Bangalore
Centre for Intellectual Property research and advocacy (CIPRA)
The Centre for Intellectual Property research and advocacy (CIPRA) was established with the objective of enhancing the intellectual property knowledge base and research capabilities of the country in general and the NLSIU in particular. The centre attempts to achieve these aims through a two pronged strategy. Firstly, it attempts to disseminate information on intellectual property rights with a view to create awareness in the public in general. Secondly, it initiates research into relatively unexplored and novel areas.
CIPRA has developed a website www.iprlawindia.org which contains of Indian and foreign courts judgments (along with relent head notes), a number of well-researched and innovative articles, highlighting recent trend and developments in intellectual property. CIPRA seeks to highlight issues to focus on the IPR needs of developing countries.
Provide research and advisory services to government, non-government and other agencies, both national and international, in policy and implication.
Build IPR law database for effectively networking between all stake holders and build IPR law community.
1. Provide research and advisory services to government, non-government and other agencies, both national and international, in policy and implication.
2. Build IPR law database for effectively networking between all stake holders and build IPR law community.
3. To build functional and professional linkages with government agencies and non-government organizations in India as well as South Asian Region and at International levels.
4. To conduct Outreach programmes in the form of Workshops, training programmes, Roundtables, Conferences on various areas on IPR.
5. Offers Post-Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights under Distance Education Program.
INSTITUTE OF EXCELLENCE ON INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS AND STANDARDS
DEPARTMENT FOR PROMOTION OF INDUSTRY AND INTERNAL TRADE (DPIIT) CHAIR ON INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
CENTRE FOR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RESEARCH AND ADVOCACY (CIPRA)
“You have to dream before your dreams can come true.Great dreams of great dreamers are always transcended.To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal”. — A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
“In matters of truth and justice, there is no difference between large and small problems, for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same”. — Albert Einstein
“When we tackle obstacles, we find hidden reserves of courage and resilience we did not know we had. And it is only when we are faced with failure do we realise that these resources were always there within us. We only need to find them and move on with our lives.” — A. P. J. Abdul Kalam